Friday, August 12, 2016

"This Boy" "All My Loving" Album cuts

A two-fer today from early '64 and "Meet The Beatles!" "This Boy" was the B-side of the UK "I Want To Hold Your Hand" and since their singles generally didn't appear on albums over there at the time, it only first showed up on that format in England in 1988. An instrumental version called "Ringo's Theme" was in the movie "A Hard Day's Night." "All My Loving" was the first song they performed on their initial Ed Sullivan appearance, and that became America's first widespread image of them. Who can forget that? Not me. Our first video today is from a 1964 British TV show starring comedians Morecambe and Wise...and there's no screaming! The second video is from their first concert in America with lots of screaming! It took place several days prior to that Ed Sullivan show at the former Washington Coliseum in DC, which the last I heard is now a trash recycling facility.

Beatles - This Boy

Beatles - All My Loving

No comments: