Saturday, April 16, 2016

"Time Won't Let Me" #5 4/16/1966

Definitely a personal favorite today. It would be unfair to say the Outsiders were a one-hit wonder. This Cleveland outfit had three other Top 40 records, though our tune was their biggest hit before they disintegrated into different groups each using the Outsiders name. In a few years, lead singer Sonny Geraci would be threatened with legal action, so he then called his band Climax, who were true one-hit wonders in the early 70's with "Precious And Few."

Outsiders - Time Won't Let Me

3 comments:

Tal Hartsfeld said...

My favorite Outsider's hit was (SHE'S SO) RESPECTABLE.

brocave said...

I didn't know until I started researching the Outsiders that "Respectable" was an Isley Brothers song. It was their followup to "Shout" ("You know you make me wanna...") but it didn't chart.

Tal Hartsfeld said...

The Isley's were from Cincinnati.
I-71 goes through both Cleveland and Cincinnati.