Saturday, August 9, 2014

Intro

Well..., here we go. This is my first blog so bear with me...I'm learning on the fly. The idea is to discuss what was going on 50 years ago on the music charts. I began doing this on my FB page last November (2013). I'll add to this blog on an irregular basis, because I'm an irregular kind of guy. (Wait, let me rephrase that!) My hope is to put up a few links to YouTube clips of the songs from back then, and have some fun talking about those great songs! To start with, I'll try to post several of these each day to get caught up from November 1963 to 50 years ago today and where they were on the Billboard charts. I'll try to post a piece of trivia about each song as we go. We'll start with what topped the charts just before 11-22-63. Hopefully these links will work. If not I'll do my best to fix them. I'm only claiming fair use under the copyright laws. Enjoy!

Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple  #1  11/16/63

Jimmy Gilmer & the Fireballs - Sugar Shack  #2 11/16/63

Village Stompers - Washington Square   #3  11/16/63

No comments: